Sunday, November 27, 2011

I am back! And...Loaf cakes!


After being asked many times to revive my blog, the peer pressure finally got to me and I am back! I have many pictures stored up and plan to update you on my cooking adventures of the last year as well as share current cooking creations. This was a busy year and it was hard to find time to cook let alone post. But I am going to attempt to catch up and to cook more!

Update on my vegan-ness. I am TOTALLY vegan now. Before I would always cook vegan but sometimes eat things like cookies that had eggs and milk cooked no. No more! 100% vegan... but I do eat honey. So maybe more like 99.9%.

I have recently been really into these loaf cake recipes fro
m my favorite vegan recipe site theppk.com.


and


I made them both in one night which took some maneuvering around my small kitchen. But they came out really well.







Then this weekend for Thanksgiving I made the Chocolate Pumpkin Loaf into a Bunt Cake and made a Maple Syrup Glaze for the top. It was good but I needed to adjust the cooking time for the bunt shape...I will know for next time. I also did not have the proper amount of powder sugar so the glaze was a little grainy. But still tasty and a good vegan dessert among all the non-vegan pies the rest of my family ate.



I also made another Banana Marble Loaf this weekend but it came out too banana-y because I used a very interesting mutant banana! In the peel, it looked large. Then when I opened it, it was a conjoined twin banana! REGRET: I did not take a picture. I don't know what I was thinking. It was cool. But the largeness of this mutant banana made the cake very banana-y. I should have measured the pureed banana but fell victim to laziness.

All in all, the loaf cakes have been great to add to my repertoire and I have a feeling they will become standard dessert fare for me .

It's good to be back. More soon... I promise.



No comments:

Post a Comment