Wednesday, December 23, 2009

CUPCAKES!

Inspired by this post on my friends' blog Gastrofabulous, I decided to make a vegan version of the chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes. The recipe my friend used was not vegan so I had some research to do. I looked for a recipe for vegan yellow cake but all the pictures I found made the cake look kind of green and soggy. Then I found a picture where the baker had used the recipe from the cookbook Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World by the authors of my favorite website Post Punk Kitchen. I didn't have the book so I stopped at the bookstore before picking up the ingredients and copied the recipe down (unfortunately, I threw out the little piece of paper by accident). For the icing, I used the regular recipe, substituting vegan butter for regular.

The cupcakes were supposed to look like this:


But I don't have an icing tube so the icing did not look as appealing. But it was an easy recipe and I thought they were pretty good. And they are all gone so they must have been OK.

The yellow cake recipe was so easy. I put all the ingredients in a bowl and stirred. Piece of cake. Or, rather, piece of cupcake.


The icing was a little complex but not bad at all. Just two steps. I first made the vegan chocolate chip cookie dough, which is basically regular without eggs. Then I made a white icing with confectioner's sugar. Then I just put them together.


Add some chocolate chips and you are in business.


Tried to get a good closeup shot but the foil wrappers made it blurry.


My sister like them.


So did I.

I think this is a really great, yummy recipe. You should try it. The recipe is linked on Gastrofabulous.

On TV while I ate: Party of Five. I have been watching from season one. I don't know why I didn't watch this as a kid. It is so my kind of show :)

No comments:

Post a Comment