Saturday, September 5, 2009

Bean Salad...Thanks Jennifer!

This past week I made a bean salad. I got the recipe from my friend and co-worker Jennifer. She makes it the best. It has black beans, corn, hearts of palm, red onion, cilantro, lemon juice. I think that is all. I started by chopping the red onion but I put WAY too much in. My breath and kitchen smelled like onion all week.



Then I added a can of corn and two cans of hearts of palm because I love hearts of palm. Sadly, I just found out they are fatty and high in cholesterol. Sad. Then I used a technique I use often in my tiny kitchen. I balanced the tupperware (which I was using as a big bowl) on my stomach so I could add in the beans. I am very skilled.



It is hard to see in this picture but it is a good technique if you have no counter space. I added salt, pepper and lemon juice. I didn't have cilantro so it I left it out. Next time, less onion! I served it with the hummus I had made and some pita chips.

It tasted good with the hummus. My plate and my stomach were satisfied.

2 comments:

  1. What if you cooked the onion a little? Maybe then it wouldn't be so potent - more sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo I like that idea but more work intensive haha. Maybe I will try it.

    ReplyDelete