Saturday, September 5, 2009

Guest Kitchen!!

This weekend I was at my boss's house in Speonk, Long Island for a visit and I made us lunch. So his kitchen is making a guest appearance on my blog.


It was so nice to make in a big kitchen with a real big food processor. Made me resent my 4 inches of counter space. I made my vegan pesto which I make pretty often. He went out and got me basil from the vegetable market. It was beautiful basil. Very fresh, green and full. I also had help from a sous chef, my sister.

I have to give her credit for figuring out the trick to the food processor. The pesto came out good. I made it by putting the basil and garlic (which I cooked a little in some tin foil first) into the food processor. Then I added some cooked asparagus which holds it together. Finally, some salt, pepper, and lemon juice.

Buon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment