Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cooking with the Family!!!

Another guest kitchen! When I was home at my parents house, we decided to cook. Again, so nice to cook in a big kitchen. First we made hummus but I didn't post that. My dad doctored it up with spices and hot sauce and it tasted real good. Then we set out to make pasta with vegan pesto sauce, corn, and some sauteed swiss chard.

Let me introduce you to some of things in my parent's kitchen. They have a weird garlic-shaped garlic holder. This was new. Not around when I was growing up.


They have an awesome knife that cuts so much better than mine that cost me $4.

And they have a crappy blender. This blender did not really blend things well. Or at all. It was the one thing that made me miss my kitchen.


In the blender is the pesto. My brother insisted on adding lots of pepper to this pesto.


He also helped stir the pasta. He was really into cooking. That is his pajama shirt and also the shirt I gave out at my Bat Mitzvah.



My dad got this awesome swiss chard at the farmer's market. It was fresh and delicious.

We cooked it in the nice, big pan my parents have. It is great.

The corn was just boiled. Not exciting. Here is our meal! Made as a family. Awwww. I used 2 plates just to show it really is a guest kitchen!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the garlic holder! I have the same exact thing, one for tomato and one for onion! Your family meal is so cute, your guest kitchens and guest plates are awesome. And kale is cool. :-)

    ReplyDelete